If you register and pay for an IEEE 802 session through the web site and then are unable to attend the session, you MUST request cancellation of your registration in order to receive a refund of all or part of the fees paid.
Registration is by individual. If you register for an IEEE 802 session and are then unable to attend the session, your registration MAY NOT be transferred to another individual or to another plenary session. It may only be cancelled.
Cancellation requests must be submitted either by using the online registration system, or by sending an email to the Meeting Planners.
- To request a cancellation using the online registration system, click “CANCEL” on the header bar of the event webpage (http:802world.org/plenary). Cancellation requests processed by the online system will result in an immediate transmission of a cancellation acknowledgement via email.
- To request cancellation by email, send your cancellation request along with your registration information to the Meeting Planners at: email@example.com. Cancellation requests using email will be acknowledged by return email within 72 hours. Since email is sometimes subject to failures, if you have not received an acknowledgement after 72 hours, please forward a copy of your original email request so we may process your cancellation based on your original request.
The amount of your refund depends on the date and time your cancellation request is submitted to the 802 Meeting Planners and is subject to the following rules:
- If your cancellation request is submitted to the Meeting Planners before the close of Standard Registration, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee that was charged to your credit card.
- If your cancellation request is submitted to the Meeting Planners after the close of Standard Registration but before the close of cancellations, you will receive a refund equal to the registration fee that was charged to your credit card minus a $US 100 cancellation fee.
- If your cancellation request is submitted to the Meeting Planners after the close of cancellations, no refund will be allowed.
- Refunds will be issued as a credit back to the credit card that was used to pay the registration fee after the close of the session.
|Session||Closing Date for Full Refund||Closing Date for Cancellations|
|March 2014 Plenary||FEBRUARY 7, 2013||FEBRUARY 28, 2014|
This cancellation policy applies only to Session Registration. Hotel accommodations, are governed by the hotel’s cancellation policies and remain the sole responsibility of the attendee.