General Information About Vancouver, BC Canada
English is the official language.
In Canada, the power sockets used are type A, B. 120 Volts and 60 Hz throughout the country.
Currency – CAN Dollar ($)
A dollar is divided into 100 Cents.
- Coins currently in use are as follows: 1, 5, 10, 25 Cents
- Common Bank notes currently in use are as follows: 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 Dollars
Location & Time Zone
Vancouver is located in the Pacific Time Zone in the Province of British Columbia Canada.
Vancouver is centrally located and the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) serves it.
- Average minimum temperature in March is 37 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius)
- Average maximum temperature in March is 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius).
- Vancouver regularly has rain during March. Pack layers and Rain Gear, including an umbrella and water tolerant footwear